Sunday, June 22, 2014

The King by J.R. Ward

The King:
Long live the King…

After turning his back on the throne for centuries, Wrath, son of Wrath, finally assumed his father’s mantle--with the help of his beloved mate. But the crown sets heavily on his head. As the war with the Lessening Society rages on, and the threat from the Band of Bastards truly hits home, he is forced to make choices that put everything--and everyone--at risk.

Beth Randall thought she knew what she was getting into when she mated the last pure blooded vampire on the planet: An easy ride was not it. But when she decides she wants a child, she’s unprepared for Wrath’s response--or the distance it creates between them.

The question is, will true love win out... or tortured legacy take over?


The King by J.R. Ward felt very much like an ending of the Brotherhood to me, and I don’t know if I’m quite ready to say goodbye. I read this entire series in just under a year, and loved practically each and every one of the Black Dagger Brotherhood books. Beth and Wrath, oh how I love these two. I think this book is even more emotional than their first, Dark Lover. I finally got to see beneath the layers of their king and queen personas, and the absolute love they have for one another. Their long and sometimes tremulous journey was rewarded with a very happily-ever-after that fans of the series hoped for. I loved the history contained in their story, and of course every character in this series plays an important part and I just love the dynamic relationships created throughout the series.

So, with the exception of a few plotlines that were left open: Trez and iAm, Layla and Xcor, as well as Assail and Sola, this book gave me the closure I was searching for when it comes to Beth and Wrath. I read that Ward is still going to continue with Brotherhood series, but I almost feel it would be a spin-off of sorts (which, don't get me wrong, I am looking forward to) and not as intimate with the Brothers as we have read so far, but you never know what the future will hold. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.