Friday, July 25, 2014

Hard As It Gets by Laura Kaye {Mini Review}

Hard As It Gets :
Tall, dark, and lethal...

Trouble just walked into Nicholas Rixey's tattoo parlor. Becca Merritt is warm, sexy, wholesome--pure temptation to a very jaded Nick. He's left his military life behind to become co-owner of Hard Ink Tattoo, but Becca is his ex-commander's daughter. Loyalty won't let him turn her away. Lust has plenty to do with it too.

With her brother presumed kidnapped, Becca needs Nick. She just wasn't expecting to want him so much. As their investigation turns into all-out war with an organized crime ring, only Nick can protect her. And only Becca can heal the scars no one else sees.

Desire is the easy part. Love is as hard as it gets. Good thing Nick is always up for a challenge…


Hard As It Gets was an intense and passionate introduction to the Hard Ink series by Laura Kaye. This series is definitely on my auto-buy list from now on. This was also my first foray into Laura’s writing style, and I have to say that I loved it. The characters were well written and the plot was gritty, fast paced and kept me intrigued the entire book. This story has it all: ex-special forces, alpha males covered in tattoos and with hidden hearts of gold. The romance was sweet and fierce, and there was enough suspense to keep me on the edge of my seat.

A missing persons case quickly unravels a conspiracy that involves a terrible incident from Nick’s past military life. In order to save Becca’s brother, Nick must pull the remaining members of his team back together. Despite the hard feelings they harbor for one another, the men come together to form a new team and regain the honor that was stolen from them.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.